See Your Company’s Name in Lights!
Looking to create a sign for your business? Consider illuminated signage!
At Sign Effects, we combine our professional dimensional and fabricated sign production with illumination to create a sign that stands out at any hour. Our custom-built illuminated signs speak loudly and shine brightly all night long, so your business is never in the dark.
Is an Illuminated Sign Right for You?
There’s a reason some stores get more traffic than others and, often, it has to do with their signage! There are so many elements that go into choosing the best type of sign for your needs, but an illuminated sign might improve your foot traffic. Choosing an illuminated sign is a wise investment if:
- Your business hours extend past daylight. Businesses that are open after dark need signs that are visible both day and night. So, don’t let the visibility of your company’s sign set with the sun. Light it up so your business stands out—at all hours.
- Visibility is lacking. If your business is in a strip mall or a crowded area, it can be difficult to get people to notice you. But illuminated signs solve this problem! Lights above your store can quickly set you apart from your competitors and lead customers directly to your front door.
- You’re located on a busy road. While you don’t want to distract drivers’ eyes from the road, you do want them to notice your sign—even if it’s just a quick glance. In fact, a quick glance in your direction might mean the difference between them coming into your store or continuing on their way. Not only are illuminated signs more likely to catch a driver’s eye, they’re also easier for drivers to read.
With an illuminated sign, you’re guaranteed to get noticed. In fact, your sign will be visible at any time of the day, in any weather. When it’s dark outside or the weather is terrible, people will still see your sign. This means they’ll be able to find you easily. Not only are illuminated signs more likely to grab the attention of passers-by, but they also ooze professionalism.
Seek the Right Illumination for Your Sign
Illuminated signs typically are powered with LED lights. However, neon is a great option for those looking for an authentic retro look. There are several different types of illumination available:
- Front-lit signs: As its name suggests, front-lit signs are lit only from the face of its letters, giving these signs the power to grab people’s attention from far distances—which is why they’re one of the most popular sign choices for malls and outdoor plazas. Plus, providing the option of a flush mount or raceway style, this style of lighting can be easily customized to your preference.
- Backlit signs: With the strategic placement of the lighting behind the sign’s letters, this type of illumination creates a halo effect behind the lettering. Also known as reverse channel letters or halo-lit letters, LED solutions are often the lighting source in this type of sign.
- Light boxes: Perhaps the most popular type of illuminated sign, a light box, or internally illuminated sign cabinet, is a dimensional aluminum box that has either one or two faces. For example, if your sign is mounted to a building, you’d have one side. However, you may have a freestanding pole. In this case, a two-sided sign is the better option. A light box will illuminate with either fluorescent lamps or LEDs that are built into the box. A perfect solution for both indoor and outdoor promotions, light boxes can be mounted to ceilings or walls—or left freestanding.
Give Us the Green Light!
Sign Effects is here to help you create the illuminated sign that’s right for you! To get started, fill out our online form or give us a call at 800.544.SIGN (7446) today!